Ceramic coating is a revolutionary technology that can help protect the exterior of a car and make it look as good as new. It’s a cost-effective way to give a car a glossy finish and keep its paint job looking fresh and vibrant. Ceramic coating application is becoming increasingly popular with car owners who want their vehicles to look their best, and it can even provide additional protection from the elements. is ceramic coating worth it ? Let us find out the benefits and drawbacks
When to go for ceramic coating ?
“For the ultimate protection and long-lasting appeal, ceramic coating is the way to go”, advises Middle Tennessee Detail Service, a car detailing specialist. Most car owners will decide for ceramic coating when their car’s paint is starting to show signs of wear and tear and they want to protect it from further damage.
Extends Paint Life of car
Ceramic coating is a great way to extend the life of your car’s paint and keep it looking showroom new for many years. Also, Ceramic coating on an older car can help protect the paint from the elements, reduce fading, and add an extra layer of protection from the sun’s UV rays.
Average cost of coating with ceramic
The cost of ceramic coating a car varies depending on the size and condition of the car, as well as the type of coating and the size of the area to be coated. Generally, the cost of a ceramic coating for a car can range from $200 to $2,500.
- Improved Durability: Ceramic coatings form a strong, durable layer that makes your vehicle more resistant to abrasion and corrosion. This layer can last for several years, making it an excellent choice for protecting your vehicle’s finish.
- Easier Maintenance: Ceramic coatings make it easier to clean and maintain your car’s finish. Since the coating forms an extra layer of protection, dirt and dust are less likely to adhere to the paint, making it easier to keep your car looking clean and shiny.
- Improved Shine and Gloss: Ceramic coatings add a deep, glossy shine to your car’s finish that can last for several years. This shine is much more durable and attractive than the shine you get from waxing or polishing.
- UV Protection: The extra layer of protection provided by ceramic coatings helps to shield your car’s paint from damage caused by UV rays. This helps to prevent fading, discoloration, and other forms of damage caused by prolonged sun exposure.
- Increased Resale Value: The improved durability and shine that come with ceramic coatings can help to increase your car’s resale value. This added value can be quite significant, particularly if you plan to sell your car in the near future.
How the process of painting works ?
- Vehicle is washed thoroughly with a special car shampoo and clayed using a clay bar to remove any dirt and contaminants.
- The car is then polished to remove any light scratches and swirls.
- After polishing, the car is wiped down with a chemical cleaner to remove any wax, oil, and grease.
- The car is then wiped down with a mix of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water to remove any remaining dirt and contaminants.
- Afterwards, the car is wiped down with a cleaning solution to remove any last traces of dirt and grime.
- Next, the car is wiped dry with a microfiber cloth and then a paint sealant should be applied to the vehicle.
- Lastly, the ceramic coating is applied according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
It takes a significant amount of time for ceramic coatings to dry and reach their full curing potential. Therefore, we recommend that you pick up your car the day after it is finished being coated, as it will be safe to drive by then. Professional ceramic coatings can take up to a week to fully cure.
Are there any ceramic coating disadvantages?
Yes, there are some disadvantages to ceramic coating. It can be expensive to apply and maintain, and it is not a permanent solution. If the surface the coating is applied to is not prepped properly, it can lead to a poor bond, which will reduce its effectiveness. It also requires regular maintenance and can be difficult to repair or remove if needed.
In addition, it is not recommended for use on highly porous surfaces, as they may absorb the coating, reducing its longevity. Lastly, it is not a good option for surfaces that are exposed to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight, as it can fade or crack over time.
Lifespan of coating
Ceramic coating can last for several years when applied correctly. The lifespan of the coating is dependent on the quality of the product, the environment it is used in, and the level of maintenance it receives.
Generally, a ceramic coating can last up to 5 years, but with proper care and maintenance, it can last much longer. Regular washing and waxing can help extend the life of the coating, while harsh chemicals and abrasion can reduce its longevity. With good care, ceramic coating can help protect your vehicle for many years to come.
Ceramic Coating and Rains
Will Ceramic Coating Fail If It Rains? No, ceramic coating will not fail if it rains. In fact, ceramic coating is designed to help protect your vehicle from water and other elements that come along with rain. While the coating may wear off over time, it will still provide protection for your car even after it has been exposed to rain.
In conclusion, ceramic coating is worth it if you want to add extra protection to your car. It provides a glossy finish and can help protect against scratches, water spots, and oxidation. It can also make it easier to clean your car. However, it is important to note that ceramic coating is not a permanent solution and it will require regular maintenance to keep it looking its best.